A Beginners Guide to Prospective Marriage Visa to Australia, Subclass 300

prospective marriage visa subclass 300Prospective Marriage Visa to Australia Subclass 300 is a temporary visa valid for nine months for those foreign nationals who are planning to marry an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen in Australia. I will explain the application processing, eligibility, limitations, requirements, extension, and other issues related to the prospective marriage visa. As it is clear from the title of the visa subclass, the applicant must have intention to get married with the prospective spouse in Australia within nine months period after entry the country and must be at least 18 years old in order to be legally engaged in a marital relationship.

1. Eligibility Criteria (What is Required for Visa?):

The applicant of the prospective Marriage visa subclass 300 must have the intentions to live with prospective spouse as husband or wife in Australia, must have met in person with the prospective spouse who must also have sponsored the applicant. The applicant must also meet the character and health requirements in order to be eligible to apply for prospective marriage visa subclass 300. You will be required to enter Australia, get married, and apply for Australian permanent residence within the allowed time period of nine months which start from the date the visa is granted.

2. Entitlements (What you Can do after getting subclass 300 visa?):

You are eligible to involved in a number of act ivies in Australia as subclass 300 visa holder. Some of the thing which you can do are following.

  • You can enter Australia before you marry your prospective spouse.
  • You are allowed travel in and out of Australia as often as you want as it is a multiple entry visa.
  • You can work in Australia but might have limited prospect of employment.
  • You can enroll in an education program in Australia without receiving government funding.
  • You can apply for a Partner visa, in Australia to stay permanently in the country, once you are married to the sponsoring prospective spouse.

3. Who Can be a Sponsor?

You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and at least 18 years of age in order to sponsor someone for subclass 300 visa.

MORE:  A Beginners Guide to Partner Visa for Australia Subclass 309

You cannot be a sponsor if you:

  • were sponsored for a Partner or Prospective Spouse visa within the past five years
  • have previously sponsored two people for migration to Australia and they were granted a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa
  • have sponsored another person for migration to Australia within the past five years and they were granted a Partner or Prospective Marriage visa.

You must take the responsibilities associated with being a sponsor such as:

  • all financial obligations to the Commonwealth incurred by your fiancé arising from their stay in Australia;
  • your fiancé(e)’s compliance with all relevant legislation and awards in relation to any employment they enter into in Australia
  • your fiancé(e)’s compliance with the conditions of their Prospective Marriage visa.

4. Complete Application Forms:

You have two options to submit your application. You can either apply online or submit the printed application forms.

You must create or login to your ImmiAccount and complete the application form:

Your sponsor must also complete:

If you decide to submit the paper application then you must download the Form 47SP Application for migration to Australia by a partner and complete it. Your sponsor must also complete Form 40SP Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia.

6. Gather Documents:

You will require the following documents to submit with the application:

  • Certified copy of your passport
  • Two identical photographs with plain background (45 mm x 35 mm)
  • Certified copy of your birth certificate showing names of both parents
  • Evidence that you and your prospective spouse have met face-to-face as adults and are personally known to each other.
  • Evidence that you will marry your prospective spouse within nine months of being granted the visa (such as a letter from the person who will officiate at the wedding).
  • Evidence that you and your prospective spouse genuinely intend to live in a married relationship.
  • Written statements showing the history of your relationship, such as how, when and where you first met, how your relationship developed, when you became engaged, joint activities, and your future plans as husband and wife.
  • Police checks for everyone included in the visa application who is 16 years of age or older
MORE:  Business Innovation and Investment Visa to Australia - Subclass 188

The sponsoring spouse in Australia must also provide the following documents:

  • Evidence that the sponsor is a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. Evidence can include a certified copy of:
    • a birth certificate
    • an Australian passport or foreign passport containing evidence of permanent residence
    • an Australian citizenship certificate
    • for New Zealand citizens, evidence of length of residence in Australia and of continuing links with Australia.

The sponsor must also provide the information about any other previous relationship or spouse or partner sponsored.

7. Submit Your Application:

If you have not applied online, then you must submit your application for prospective marriage visa subclass 300 at one of the immigration offices outside Australia, located in your country of residence. The applicants applying online can also upload the documents with their application.

8. Pay Fee:

You must pay processing fee for the prospective marriage visa subclass 300 which is $6865. The visa fee can change without any prior notice, so always check on the Immigration Department website to pay the correct fee. For the most current processing fees, please use this visa fee estimator tool

9. Visa Decision:

If your application for prospective marriage visa subclass 300 is approved, you will be informed about when you can travel along with the visa grant number so that you can travel to Australia to marry your prospective spouse.

If your visa is refused, visa officer will intimate you the negative decision along with reasons and if you have any rights to appeal the visa refusal decision.

10. Arrive in Australia:

You can travel to Australia using your approved prospective marriage visa. You must get married as soon as possible and start living as husband and wife before the visa is expired. You can apply for Australian permanent residence under the spouse permanent visa subclass 100 guide.


1 Comment

Leave A Reply