Parents Visa to Australia Subclass 103 allows them to live with their child who is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen settled in Australia. Parents can live in Australia permanently after approval of subclass 103 visa. Due to long backlog of applications, the normal processing time can take up to 13 years before a decision is made on the visa application. The alternate to subclass 103 visa is Contributory Parent visa subclass 173 or subclass 143. The associated costs with these two visas are much higher, however, the process can be completed in just two years in most cases.
You must be parent of a child who is Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen living in Australia lawfully for the last years and is sponsoring you to come and live in Australia permanently. You must also meet the health can character requirements as well as meet the balance of family test.
Balance of Family Test: You must meet the balance of family test to demonstrate your ties with Australia. This requirement cannot be waived even in the most compelling circumstances. Your half of the children must be permanently residing in Australia or more of your children must be living in Australia permanently than in any other country in order to meet the balance of family test.
2. Assurance Bond:
You need an assurance bong that can be provided by a person or an organization. The assurance bond is refundable after two years you have arrived in Australia. The amount of the assurance bond will vary if it is a person or an organization. A person or group of up to three persons must provide assurance bond of AUD5000 for the main applicant and AUD2000 for dependents included in your application. The assurance bond by an organization is usually of higher amounts.
3. Application Forms and Supporting Documents:
You must complete the application forms and submit all the supporting documents for you, your dependent family members, and your sponsor.
- Form 47PA Application for a parent to migrate to Australia.
- Your sponsor must also complete Form 40 Sponsorship for migration to Australia.
- For anyone included in the application who is 18 years of age or older and is not your partner must fill Form 47a Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over.
- Certified copies of passport or travel document
- Marriage certificate of your spouse included in the application even if she/he not migrating with you.
- Birth certificates of all the dependent children or family booking showing names of parents and children.
- Documents to demonstrate financial dependency of your children over 18 years of age included in the application
- Copy of birth certificate of your sponsoring child in Australia
- The organization must provide certificate of business registration and evidence of available financial resources to support you.
4. Arrange Health Examination:
You will be required to meet certain health requirements. The results are usually valid for 12 months. This also applies to any dependent family members included in your application, whether they are migrating or not.
5. Pay Processing Charges:
The charges for Subclass 103 visa are $2730. The charges can change without notice, so always check with the Department of Australian immigration for the latest application charges.
6. Visa Decision
If your subclass 103 visa application is approved, you will be informed about the visa grant number, any conditions attached and when you can use the visa to travel to Australia to reunite with your parents.
In case visa is denied, visa office will let you know the reasons and deadline to apply for the review of the decision if any.