I am a citizen of Pakistan and planning to visit United Kingdom this summer to see various places. How would I know that I am eligible to apply for UK general visa?
Nationals of Pakistan requiring general visa in order to visit United Kingdom (UK) must meet the following criteria: .
- applicant must be 18 or over;
- applicant has the intention to stay in the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if accompanied by an academic visitor);
- applicant must have the intention to exit the UK at the end of the visit;
- applicant must have enough finances to support and accommodate without having to work or get assistance from public funds, or applicant or dependents (if applicable) will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
- applicant has enough money to bear the cost of the return or onward travel; and
- applicant is not in transit to a country outside the ‘Common Travel Area’ (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
The general visit visa holders are restricted to take part in a number of activities while in the UK. Any violation of the visa conditions can result in removal from the country. The applicants must demonstrate that during their visit to the UK they don not intend to:
- live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits;
- take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
- do a course of study, as long as this study is not the main reason for your visit (see ‘permitted study’ below);
- marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
- carry out the activities of a business visitor, a sports visitor or an entertainer visitor; or
- receive private medical treatment.
Applicants must submit as many supporting documents as they can to demonstrate that they qualify for entry to the UK. The visa application may get refused if enough supporting documents are not provided.