What is UK Tier 5 Temporary Worker Visa?

UK Tier 5 temporary worker visaThe nationals of a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland need to apply for a visa under Tier 5 of the points-based system to come and engage in a temporary employment activity in the United Kingdom (UK). The Turkish nationals also need to submit the application for Tier 5 Temporary worker visa before entering the UK.

The UK Tier 5 temporary worker visas are subdivided into five categories depending on the type of employment the foreign worker wants to engage in the UK. All the applicants will require to have a job offer from a licensed sponsor, and pass a points-based assessment in most of the categories with an exception of the Youth mobility scheme which has different requirements.

Foreign temporary workers will require any of the following Tier 5 temporary worker visa depending on the nature of work in the UK:

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – creative and sporting)

Tier 5 Creative and Sporting visa is for foreign nationals coming to work or perform in the UK for up to 12 months as sportspeople, entertainers or creative artists. Sportspeople must be internationally established at the highest level in their sport, and/or their job must make a significant contribution to the development and running of sport at the highest level.

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – charity workers)

Tier 5 Charity Workers visa is for foreign nationals coming to do (unpaid) voluntary work for a charity in the UK.The work must be directly related to the sponsor organization’s work.

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – religious workers)

Tier 5 Religious workers visa is for foreign nationals coming to the UK for preaching, pastoral or non-pastoral work, or work in a religious order such as a monastery or convent.

MORE:  How to Ask for Administrative Review of Visa Refusal in UK?

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – government authorized exchange)

Tier 5 Government authorized exchange visa is for foreign nationals coming to the UK through approved schemes that aim to share knowledge, experience and best practice, and to experience the UK’s social and cultural life.This category must not be used to fill job vacancies or to bring unskilled labor to the UK.

Tier 5 (Temporary worker – international agreement)

Tier 5 International agreement visa is for foreign nationals coming to the UK under contract to do work that is covered under international law. This includes workers under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) and similar agreements, employees of overseas governments and international organizations, and private servants in diplomatic households.

Tier 5 (Youth mobility scheme)

Tier 5 Youth mobility scheme is for young foreign naiotnals from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea and Taiwan who want to come and experience life in the UK.


Leave A Reply